Last modified: April 20, 2021
WOODHAVEN LUMBER & MILLWORK, INC. ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy (“Policy”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.woodhavenlumber.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verifiable parental consent (or consent of another legal guardian), we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about you when you interact with the Website and when directly provided to us by you, including, by way of example and not limitation, your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, credit or debit card number or other payment information, social security number, driver’s license number, education history, and employment history.
Information You Provide to Us
In the course of using the Website, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit card number, social security number, driver’s license number, internet protocol (IP) address or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under any applicable law and/or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("PII").
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, if applicable, applying for employment or credit with the Company, if applicable, and/or requesting a quote for any good and/or services, if applicable. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, it may place a cookie on your computer or other device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Remarketing Cookies. Our Website may use third-party vendor remarketing tracking cookies from Google and/or Facebook, which means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on those third-party networks. We do not collect any personally identifiable information through the use of these third-party advertising systems. Cookies are placed on devices in order to serve ads based on visits to our websites. This allows us to make special offers and continue to market our goods and services to those who have shown interest in them.
- Web Beacons. Our Website may use third-party web beacons from Google and/or Facebook in lieu of or addition to and for the same purpose as remarketing tracking cookies. A web beacon (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, tracking pixels, and single-pixel gifs) is code on a website that tracks your usage of that website. A tracking pixel can connect your usage across websites, and advertisers can use it to show you advertising based on your interests. We do not collect any personally identifiable information through the use of these third-party systems. By using our Website, you consent to the access of and use of web beacons to collect and receive information.
You may find more general information about cookies and tracking here.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To fulfill orders.
- For those customers who have expressed interest, to send emails, make phone calls, or send promotional mail about our products and services.
- For those customers who have requested a credit account, to assess their creditworthiness.
- For those individuals who have applied for employment with the Company, to make a decision on their hiring.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us via the Contact Information listed below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at the Contact Information listed below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your contractor, homeowner, or builder account, if you have established an account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.